Caleb Parker, left, talks to Antony Slumbers in the first #WorkBold podcast
What is the Trillion Dollar Hashtag? A brave new flexible world with Antony Slumbers
In the first episode of a new podcast series, Caleb Parker founder of Bold talks with the leading real estate technology commentator Antony Slumbers about transformation, technology and innovation.
Slumbers travels the world on space-as-a-service and advises on new changes in technology, micro and macro economics and changing customer expectations in commercial real estate.
Take out meals from this episode
- Companies do not want an office, they want a productive workforce.
- #SpaceAsAService is now entering the mainstream quickly. The confusion between a chicken and a pig. What is the difference between the chicken and the pig in a bacon and egg sandwich? The chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Knowing who you are as a landlord is vital with #SpaceAsAService
- Successful networks win because they become a safe, comfortable and painless solution to a need. And they grow exponentially; from nobody who knows anything about them, to suddenly knowing everyone. But once established, their value also grows exponentially. People are tribal, we like to be part of it. Only pigs will build # SpaceAsAService networks that we want to belong to.
- But there will be many winners in a # SpaceAsAService world, both chickens and pigs.
- Mostly real estate companies are optimized for collecting products / rental companies. As it should. That is what has worked for decades. Build or buy an asset, lease it, save it or sell it. And many are very good at that; the concern is that many will forget what they are and think that their smooth machine will work in a different world. It won't.
- The days that you come to the office 5 days a week is terminal.
About the guest
Antony Slumbers has been a software developer and technology strategist in commercial real estate since 1995. Now he consults and works with business real estate councils on transformation, technology and innovation.
- Slumbers speaks internationally about space as a service, AI, innovation and the future of work and the workplace
- He also has a No. 1 ranked non-American commercial real estate blog
- Is on the advisory board of Equiem, tenant involvement
- Is a member of the board of CRETech
- And a mentor at MetaProp RE200
- And at the ULI Europe Technology and Real Estate Council
Apple | Spotify